Monday, December 31, 2007

Handcarders


Here's some new yarn I spun recently on my drop spindle. This is one I truly love and don't want to part with. the pale green along with the purple, pink, and red just stir something in me.
OK, I finally got my first set of Handcarders! I had not bought any til now because I couldn't justify the cost. They sell for around 55-60.00. I know that doesn't sound like a lot compared to a drumcarder. So, since my husband didn't get me not one single thing for Christmas, I bought them for myself. I have ordered some fiber from etsyans and am eagerly awaiting their arrival. I figure since sales have improved for me that I can justify the cost! I have been trying my hand at carding with some dog slickers I bought a few months ago and used up all of the fiber I had gotten for it a while back. the dog slickers are like very small handcarders. they have very short, fine teeth and work okay with small amounts of fiber.
I already have some recycled sari silk and some denim mill ends (looks kind of like dryer lint, but is from making blue jeans) to mix in with the fiber.

No comments: