Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Scarf and stuff




I just relisted this scarf on my etsy shop today. (http://www.wildblackberries.etsy.com/)


It has some of my favorite yarns in it. I love how it turned out and the color combination is really pretty.


My 11 year old daughter gave out some of my Etsy business cards at school yesterday! She wore a nice soft green color cuff I'd made some months ago but never listed to sell. It's a button up cuff and the buttons were made out of polymer clay by me. She planned her outfit around it! Then she asked me to whip up a blue and brown one last night to wear today. She picked out some matching beads to go on it. How could I say no, she is volunteering for free advertising. I hope there are enough eclectic dressers there to appreciate something like it. Many of the kids are in name brand high dollar mass produced clothes from the mall.


I am so thankful my daughter is not into that sort of thing. I told her made in china is made in china regardless of whether it comes from that mall store or the mart of wall box store. We talked about sweat shops and stuff like that. God, if only I had been so knowledgable at her age. Way back in the 80's, I saved up to buy myself an Izod shirt. And for what? To be like people I did not even like. Kids now seem so much more mature in some ways.





2 comments:

GreenSpaceGoods said...

I love the colors in that scarf!! Lovely :)

Wild said...

thanks greenspace!